Want to replace rocks in Biocube 32

thenez1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

so I fell in love with with the caribsea Shapes a long while back. But over the weekend at the LFS I saw a couple pieces that absolutely sold me on getting it. One piece was a cave that allows water to flow though easier. Overall those rocks are better for flow than my correct setup. My dilemma is I have a biocube with no sump. I could cycle the rocks in a container with a pump etc but not sure the best way to add the new rock and start removing some of the old rock (keeping my anemone rock and a couple others). I wish I had a sump and could just keep them in the sump for a few months. Anyone here replace their aqua scape?
The rocks I have will be 2 years in April. I don’t want to lose the critters in the current rock, particularly the little brittle stars, so I’ll probably break some of those pieces up to keep them.
But I digress, and related experience appreciated!!

Eight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how much rock you are looking to swap, but why not just start with one piece at a time? You honestly could probably swap 30 percent of your rock and be just fine.

OP
OP
T

thenez1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how much rock you are looking to swap, but why not just start with one piece at a time? You honestly could probably swap 30 percent of your rock and be just fine.
It’s only 20 lbs I would be adding and I have about 35lbs maybe a little more.
One at a time is probably the best way. The downside is the aquascape would look a little funky until I got to the point where it was just the rocks I was keeping properly arranged. But I can live that. Or maybe its My argument for a new tank?
I wanted the rocks when I first started my tank but they seemed expensive then (and some will argue still are). But everything seems expensive when first starting when you think after putting down money for the tank you’re done with pricey items. I was soooooo naive. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back