Wantanabe Angelfish info??

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im looking to get two females for my tank (hoping one will change to male). ive been researching them a lot, but I wanted to hear from someone with personal experience. I heard they are deep water fish. do they have trouble acclimating to bright lights in our tanks? also, why are they considered difficult on most websites? #reefsquad

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept one for several years. It acclimated to aquarium life and high lighting easily . It was not difficult to get eating either as they are used to eating from the water column, unlike most angels. Mine was a model citizen and would still be in my tank today except for a move a couple of years ago. I rehomed all most all of my fish at that time.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept one for several years. It acclimated to aquarium life and high lighting easily . It was not difficult to get eating either as they are used to eating from the water column, unlike most angels. Mine was a model citizen and would still be in my tank today except for a move a couple of years ago. I rehomed all most all of my fish at that time.

thanks so much! who did you get yours from and how did you acclimate it to high light?

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably not the best source, but I picked up an established pair from another reefer taking his tank down recently. I did notice in the move to my tank the male was off his feed for a few days at first, but has since settled in and eats any and everything I put in the tank. Same for the female. They are both big, fat fish. They're pretty active swimmers. I've got a 5' 150g tank and I don't think I'd keep them in anything smaller. I was actually surprised how big they were, especially the male. Beautiful fish!

Good luck!

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm probably not the best source, but I picked up an established pair from another reefer taking his tank down recently. I did notice in the move to my tank the male was off his feed for a few days at first, but has since settled in and eats any and everything I put in the tank. Same for the female. They are both big, fat fish. They're pretty active swimmers. I've got a 5' 150g tank and I don't think I'd keep them in anything smaller. I was actually surprised how big they were, especially the male. Beautiful fish!

Good luck!

thanks for the info! ive got an 8 foot tank, so it sounds like that will be perfect

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks so much! who did you get yours from and how did you acclimate it to high light?

I didn't do anything to acclimate mine to my lights. I was in a less brightly it QT system for a couple of months before introduction in to the DT. I don't think they have any more difficulty with bright/SPS type lighting than some of the deeper water wrasses do.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't do anything to acclimate mine to my lights. I was in a less brightly it QT system for a couple of months before introduction in to the DT. I don't think they have any more difficulty with bright/SPS type lighting than some of the deeper water wrasses do.

Thanks! I appreciate your help!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a pair from my LFS. They are great fish, and mine are fat and healthy, and have no issues with the bright reef lighting, however my Male turned to a Female, so now I have a larger Female, and smaller Female...

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back