• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Wanted 24" reefbrite strip.... Wtt ati sunpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a 24" reefbrite strip possibly 2"royal blue only" if you got them I got a 4bulb 24" ati sunpower fixture mh ballast, bulbs, corals etc lmk what you got willing to work something out....;)

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
troy - before you trade up have you seen the orphek LED t5-t8 bulbs with royal blue and ultra violet leds? Your stuff is always so high tech so i figured you might want to try them out :)

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some of those bulbs and they suck haha!!!!! Well not the orpheck but some t8 tubes with LEDs they would be nice for viewing pleasure but do nothing for your corals and a mh would drown them out IMHO.... Hmmm

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen any LED strips that compare to the Reefbrites

phi delt reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some of those bulbs and they suck haha!!!!! Well not the orpheck but some t8 tubes with LEDs they would be nice for viewing pleasure but do nothing for your corals and a mh would drown them out IMHO.... Hmmm

SUPPOSIDLY they have the same PAR as their T5 breathern but that info is from Orphek. They are using their own LEDs not the generic ones they have on ebay... was just released so time will tell :)

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which are you looking for the tech strips or the xho ? Xho strips have more LEDs

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care either one...."reefbrites" The orphek might be worth checking out but I want to keep my t5s in place and add LEDs... Right now I got a 250w hqi 4t5s and I wanna add 2 LEDs strips gotta have every lighting available haha...:)

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy I planning on checking out their new XHO strips by reefbrites as well and about 50 % brighter than the original strips. Its more in price but maybe worth the look.

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't care either one...."reefbrites" The orphek might be worth checking out but I want to keep my t5s in place and add LEDs... Right now I got a 250w hqi 4t5s and I wanna add 2 LEDs strips gotta have every lighting available haha...:)

IMO i'd say go for the new reefbrites!! they got double the bulbs in the same lenght!! I personally haven't seen them but judging by my current on I can only imagine if it had 36 leds instead of 18.. just a thought... they go for a bit more also though

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the lights Bigb has in his pictures are the new reefbrites. i will be going to his house on either sunday or monday to get some frags and will get to see them personally ill let ya know how they look!!

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO i'd say go for the new reefbrites!! they got double the bulbs in the same lenght!! I personally haven't seen them but judging by my current on I can only imagine if it had 36 leds instead of 18.. just a thought... they go for a bit more also though

Its 50 % more, not double. 18 LED would be 27 LED

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im guessing double just like the 48" the old one had 18 and the new ones have 36

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is there 12 per 24" bar on the new xho strips? I talked to bill and was gonna build a couple bars but It has became a real hassle to find heat sink strips.... Anyways I'm ready to move don't have the time to build them.... This phoenix bulb is just way to white for my liking but I hear great growth comes with them so I'm gonna use it till it expires....;) besides the few corals I have moved from my all led display to my new cube have been very disappointing none the less.... In my led display there sick!!!!! Under the mh they don't look good at all so LEDs got me wandering...:(

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well you could have cut up the old fixture and been happy already lol :smile:

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im guessing double just like the 48" the old one had 18 and the new ones have 36

The *first* TECH LED 48 inch had 24 LEDs, now the XHO has 36 LEDs

Last edited:

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is there 12 per 24" bar on the new xho strips? I talked to bill and was gonna build a couple bars but It has became a real hassle to find heat sink strips.... Anyways I'm ready to move don't have the time to build them.... This phoenix bulb is just way to white for my liking but I hear great growth comes with them so I'm gonna use it till it expires....;) besides the few corals I have moved from my all led display to my new cube have been very disappointing none the less.... In my led display there sick!!!!! Under the mh they don't look good at all so LEDs got me wandering...:(

There is 18 LEDs on the XHO 24 inch model, the TECH *first version was only 12 LED, which was still bright. XHO stands for *Xtreme High Output* in case folks want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 154 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back