Ati sunpower

jacoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, i have a 48” ati sunpower 4 bulb. Whats the best bulb combo that works for soft corals? And also what percentage do you guys run the channels on? Thanks in advance

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, i have a 48” ati sunpower 4 bulb. Whats the best bulb combo that works for soft corals? And also what percentage do you guys run the channels on? Thanks in advance
There is no way to adjust the channel percentage like you do with LEDs.... T5's (including the sunpower) don't have channels.
As for the bulb combo, all the aquarium bulbs are good, it's mostly a matter of what color you prefer when you look at the tank. Soft corals are the least picky.

OP
OP
jacoreefs

jacoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no way to adjust the channel percentage like you do with LEDs.... T5's (including the sunpower) don't have channels.
As for the bulb combo, all the aquarium bulbs are good, it's mostly a matter of what color you prefer when you look at the tank. Soft corals are the least picky.
I have the dimmable unit. When i set the channels it lets me choose anywhere from 0-100% on the lighting.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the dimmable unit. When i set the channels it lets me choose anywhere from 0-100% on the lighting.
Oh, you're using the term differently. By "channel", you mean "pair of bulbs".
And the answer is the same, whatever your preference is. It will also depend on how much PAR the lights provide to the corals depending on where they're placed... Rent or borrow a PAR meter, you'll thank me later.

OP
OP
jacoreefs

jacoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, you're using the term differently. By "channel", you mean "pair of bulbs".
And the answer is the same, whatever your preference is. It will also depend on how much PAR the lights provide to the corals depending on where they're placed... Rent or borrow a PAR meter, you'll thank me later.
Ah sorry . New to all this, and yeah i was looking into getting one but i think ill be better off renting one lol!

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1:1 blue plus to coral plus. If you want it bluer, swap an extra coral plus for a blue plus and vise versa.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need a par meter for T5. They have the par stats all on youtube. It’s a plug and play system.

I have 2 of the 8 bulb 48” dimmable sun power. I love T5 technology so much.

OP
OP
jacoreefs

jacoreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t need a par meter for T5. They have the par stats all on youtube. It’s a plug and play system.

Ah okay thank you for that info!

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For someone starting a new tank, it's not a bad idea to get an idea of the PAR at different intensity for future reference.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use the dimming on my Sunpowers. I buy the dimmable for the single cord and temperature controlled fans. Any combo of bulbs that pleases your eye will work, but if soft corals will be the focus a I'd prefer a more daylight look. Eight hours at 100% will yield good results.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use the dimming on my Sunpowers. I buy the dimmable for the single cord and temperature controlled fans. Any combo of bulbs that pleases your eye will work, but if soft corals will be the focus a I'd prefer a more daylight look. Eight hours at 100% will yield good results.
I agree 100%.

And yes, soft corals look much better with daylights. My suggestion above is perfect for a 14K look.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a six bulb I run 4 b+ aqua blue+ 1 true actinic

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of the tank?

I probably wouldn't dim them, just on/off for 7-9 hours. Some people like an all-blue evening.

I always recommend buying a couple extra bulbs so you can experiment. Then you can decide if you like 2&2, or 3 B+ to 1 C+, or an actinic or purple plus in there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back