Wanted: Fluval M40

Filipino Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Due to my current living and financial situation, I need to make changes with my reefing hobby. Presently, I am a proud owner of; aqueon 40 gallon breeder, drilled for e-shop overflow box and drilled for return. Attached by valves on all pvc plumbing and unions for quick disconnect. Ending on a 30 gallon pro clear frag fuge sump. Having to say the least, compared to the rest. I am downgrading to and in need to a smaller reef tank. I saw a Fluval M40 at my LFS and I found it so amazingly nanoly beautiful and simple. He does not have anything for sale. Nor I can't find anything that's under my budget. So I am looking to see if anyone here has one. That is willing to trade with some of my livestocks. I really love the dimensions and so does my wife. Please keep me in the loop to were i can find one. Thanks

OP
OP
Filipino Reefer

Filipino Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My secondary LFS can hook me up with Fluval M40 for half price. Should I bother downgrading or just stay with my 40 breeder?
12B6EA17-05B0-4CC4-84B7-04E82E2EC6DC.jpeg

Last edited:

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming from your sale post:

As a owner of an 40B I do love the simplicity of the AIO tank (I ditched my sump and modify it into a AIO recently btw) but I don’t think you should switch it. Why make more work for yourself lol, You have a beautiful set up with a great sump, perfect plumbing, and it’s the same 40 gallon anyways.

If you want to downgrade to a 20 gallon or something, that would be better in my opinion.

OP
OP
Filipino Reefer

Filipino Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the positive compliments...i do love it... it's just i'm moving and it's going to be a pain to transfer everything.... great plus is i didn't put sand in it yet....just rocks and livestocks....all is working and no leaks so maybe you have convinced me to keep it... also a local fish store in flushing queens is selling a used red sea nano 250 20 gallons all in one with stand and light for 500...is it worth taking and selling what i got now...specially i got some expensive acros....

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the positive compliments...i do love it... it's just i'm moving and it's going to be a pain to transfer everything.... great plus is i didn't put sand in it yet....just rocks and livestocks....all is working and no leaks so maybe you have convinced me to keep it... also a local fish store in flushing queens is selling a used red sea nano 250 20 gallons all in one with stand and light for 500...is it worth taking and selling what i got now...specially i got some expensive acros....
I assume you are talking about NYRA? Bad deal honestly...

Here’s a few ideas:
1) sell the sump+Tank and fund for a 20g used or new AIO. You can sell one AI prime but I advised having 2 is always better.

2) keep everything and move with it. It’s not that hard if you are moving the whole set up. It’s easy since you don’t have sand bed so that won’t disturb the tank too much. unless you will have a offer which you can’t refuse

3) the probability of you losing 1-2 of your High end sps will highly be inevitable on the move. Either you sell it or give it to a friend to take care for you for a while.

4) you definitely spend a lot for this beautiful setup already!! It’s top notch and better than a AIO In terms of functionality, so keep!

OP
OP
Filipino Reefer

Filipino Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. LFS KHC Aquarium on Nothern and 150. i guess he is selling it for someone....i was looking into the 20g aio waterbox for 200 bucks...i'm still looking around...my other main concern is with acro...are they ok with any size or tank as long as the placement is high?

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. LFS KHC Aquarium on Nothern and 150. i guess he is selling it for someone....i was looking into the 20g aio waterbox for 200 bucks...i'm still looking around...my other main concern is with acro...are they ok with any size or tank as long as the placement is high?
I kept acro FRAGS in 10g lol

20g would be doable, but I advised not doing a mix tank since flow would be a big problem later down the road when you have acro colonies but that would be like 3-4 yrs later.

OP
OP
Filipino Reefer

Filipino Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thanks. Awesome information and will definitely consider. What’s your opinion on the Red Sea mentioned above?

KevinC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much is the Red Sea?

I mean you can get it if you want a upgrade lol, just keep in mind that the pumps and skimmer might need an upgrade too, if you have the money going for it wouldn’t be bad :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back