Wanting to add T5 supplemental lighting

Sdoutreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
453
Location
Idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved the way T5's look and almost went with T5's instead of my Radion. Now, a year or so later, I've been thinking of adding supplemental T5 lighting on top of my Radion. How difficult is it to retrofit a T5 fixture? I want to find a big enough fixture to fit everything in it. So, Radion in the middle, and 4 T5's, 2 on each side. Would this be a lot of work? Again, I've never retrofit lighting and am a terrible electrician.
 
Shouldn't be to bad but if you never done it take your time and read directions. I added 6 60 inch ati t5 lights for supplemental lights with my mh lights and love the color and effects it gave me.
 
Oh it comes with instructions? Sweet. Ya I agree. T5 puts out some awesome lighting. That's why I want some over my tank haha. It's not that the radion is no good, I just really enjoy the looks of a T5 lit tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new