Warm Weather Shipping Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter weimers75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

weimers75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2006
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Location
Toledo, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shipping out some frags today and the temp this afternoon is supposed to be 80 with similar temps tomorrow:( Should I put in an ice pack or do you think they'll be ok? Thanks:)
 
If the frag is small enough you can add it to a small thermos too.
 
try a shell of foam cups cheaper than a real thermos and lighter to ship Just pack with foam peanuts around it to keep it from breaking and of course plastic bags inside the cups.

plus when it works out you are in a good mood and I get free zoa frags right?? LOL
your T-town area pal
Briney Dave
 
Sure Briney:) I already have the styro boxes, I'm just reusing ones I've gotten shipments in. I was going to double bag them and surround them with styrofoam peanuts. All of this would then be in the styrofoam lined box. I just wasn't sure how hot it would get in there, but they are being shipped overnight so they will get there no later than 3 tomorrow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new