Warner Marine Ecobak?

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine yesterday. Have not tried it out yet because it's going to be part of my new 180 build. I sent a PM to Jon last week and sent payment by pay pal.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks in and I have bactria growing in the reactor.....I have noticed the film on the glass has diminished to almost the point where I don't have to clean it.....I have not noticed Bryposis dieing off yet or some macro I have growing out of the rocks.....Not sure where the hell that came from since almost all the rock was new......But I cleaned the rock today as much as I could to help and hope the pellets once in full action can kill it off easier....SPS look OK, I lost some about 3 weeks ago I think due to switching salts and back......Clams seem happy, LPS seem happy, fish seem happy, ricordea seem happy but I think they have had toget used to a clearer water so the light might be brigher now. I have noticed the water looking clearer then it seemed a few weeks ago...So far so good with the EcoBak pellets.

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On another bio pellet thread (not EcoBak), there was a significant loss of fish possibly attributed to low flow thru the pellets. This caution was posted from the pellet mfg instructions-

"IMPORTANT: Maintain a high enough water flow through the Reactor to maintain a fluidized column. Too slow of a flow and you may produce a toxic hydrogen sulfide gas. This is detrimental to your aquarium ecosystem. Using a UV Sterilizer or Ozone Generator will slow the growth of bacteria in the reactor and increase the cycling time of the NP Reduction Bio Media. NP Reduction Bio Media is ecologically friendly and is totally bio degradable. Does not contain harmful PCL resins."

I know there is not a lot of experience yet with these new products, but does anyone know if this is a concern with all pellets, or just ones that use certain polymers?

I ordered the EcoBak product and plan to start bio pellets soon.

drtrash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I order for h2so4 to form low 02 and stagnate water would be necessary. Some times if you stir up a old deep sand bed this can happen but not in a small flow thru reactor

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back