10K Club memberView Badges
- Jul 31, 2020
- Reaction score
- Dundee, MI
I have had a read through the documentation you provided (Thank you btw) . But there doesn't seem to be many/any other options other than waiting it out and hoping for recovery other than attempting to revelive pressure via the needle?
do you have any experience with how to reduce the pressure/swelling? To get the fish eating again?
Epson salts? or Other medications?
Yes - if the eye issue is due to mechanical trauma, there really isn't anything to be done for it, it either gets better in time or it doesn't. It can take over a month to resolve in some cases.
Epsom salts are really a freshwater tonic. Magnesium sulfate is the fourth most common salt in sea salt mixes, so adding a bit more has no benefit for marine fishes.
If the issue was bacterial in origin, you could try erythromycin (Maracyn 1). I just don't see any indication that it is a bacterial issue.