Waspfish. Will they bother my cleaners?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ice fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ice fish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2015
Messages
308
Reaction score
171
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really dont want to get rid of my cleaner shrimps. Most of my fish shouldnt be big enough for them to eat since they will mostly be wrasses. Think they will devour them or less likely to eat them?
 
Waspfish have really small mouths. I doubt they could eat an adult cleaner shrimp.
 
I just cant stay away from the spineys renee. I miss my fuzzy horribly :( Im hoping if the waspfish would fill that void a little without ruining my wrasses or inverts.
 
I never had a problem with grown shrimp and waspfish. Should be good unless they are babies.
 
I've had waspfish with cleaner shrimp before. There wasn't any issue.
 
There pretty large cleaners now. I dont think it would be a issue. Im tempted to get one.
 
Now i just need someone to sell me one at a good price then
 
Yeah. The shipping is brutal though. Turns into a 100+ dollar fish at that point
It all depends on where you place the value on the fish. There is value in availability. So for example, say it's $70 at the LFS, would you pay $10 extra to get him this week versus next week? What about $10 extra dollars to get it this month instead of next month? I would look at the extra money as a way of knowing that I can definitely get it and know when I will get it, rather than waiting indefinitely with uncertainty.

Now, I prefer to get stuff from LFS. I like seeing the exact specimen, see how well it eats, how it's behaving, etc, but if an LFS can't get something in a reasonable time; actually getting what I want is important too.
 
Agreed but it's not a fish I'm desperate to get. It's not going to hurt me if I don't get it or find it at the fish store. But yeah. That's why I'm buying some fish from online vendors
 
Ok. Another random question that i dont wanna make a new thread for. What about a fu man with them?
 
Ok. Another random question that i dont wanna make a new thread for. What about a fu man with them?
They would make excellent tankmates.
 
So a fu would be ok with the shrimp and wrasses?
 
So a fu would be ok with the shrimp and wrasses?
The wrasses will be fine, if the cleaners are large, they will be fine too, but if they are amall or medium, they will be at risk. Fu manchus have a dmall mouth for a lion.
 
There about max size so I should be ok then. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new