Wassup? From South Louisiana

ShayneBo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Just wanted to stop by and say "howdy" from down south.

A little about me - I've been in the hobby off & on since 1991 when I purchased a Oceanic 57 with that sweet, sweet gray stone finish and dropped in an under gravel filter with a HOB skimmer and a load of dead coral for decoration. Two weeks after set-up I added 2 Blue Devils, a Cow Fish, an Achilles Tang and 1 Volitan Lion. To make the odds of survival even more improbable, every couple months I would remove all the coral decorations and BLEACH them in an ice chest for a couple days to remove the algae build-up, hit them with a quick blast of the water hose and back into the tank they would go! Strangely enough, all inhabitants survived my lack of intelligence for a whopping THREE YEARS!! Needless to say, I broke every law in existence during that time when it came to proper husbandry habits.

Fast-forward to 2009, got me a 150 mixed reef up & running and finally realized that it was time to educate myself better. Had the 150 flourishing with lots of fish & corals for the next 3 years. LOVED that tank but I sold it when I moved to Arkansas for a year in 2013. Now, I have a new DSA 200 system and just added sand, LR and water as of yesterday. Looking forward to learning new things and making new friends. Thanks for stopping by.

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R hope you enjoy it here. Tons of knowledge and great friendly people here to help and share with. Looks like you're off to a good start.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R;)

OP
OP
ShayneBo

ShayneBo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes! Looking forward to talking "fishies" with y'all.

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am In South LA. Also we have 2 clubs LARC and bayoureefkeeping

Back