Watanabae angelfish

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I Qt my watanabae angelfish for about three weeks. Medicated his food and added vitamins and ate just fine. Now added him to main tank which only other fish is a single red stripe cardinal. Now he won’t eat. He will swim up to the mysis shrimp like he wants to but dosnt. Not to concerned yet but feel might cause problem down line. Any idea why? Maybe try another food? Any suggestions be would be nice. Thanks
(Was so happy to get this fish cause been dream fish of mine to have for long time)

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with a Pakistani Butterflyfish (ate fine in QT but refused to eat in DT).

Since you've only got 1 other fish in the DT, I'd suggest you stick it out a few more days and see if you can get him to eat. Also, try adding some garlic extract to the food.

However, if after 4 days you still can't entice your fish to eat you'll need to put him back in QT until he starts eating, and then keep him there even longer.

Not sure if there's a silver bullet to fix this problem

OP
OP
A

AlwaysHatingNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem with a Pakistani Butterflyfish (ate fine in QT but refused to eat in DT).

Since you've only got 1 other fish in the DT, I'd suggest you stick it out a few more days and see if you can get him to eat. Also, try adding some garlic extract to the food.

However, if after 4 days you still can't entice your fish to eat you'll need to put him back in QT until he starts eating, and then keep him there even longer.

Not sure if there's a silver bullet to fix this problem
Well thankfully today he started eating! Maybe he just picky and which part the shrimp he sees haha but thank you for advice!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back