Watchman goby mouth infection?

lblack2x4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
I am pretty new to the reef hobby and just starting my first tank.
my first fish a yellow watchman goby seems to have some sort of infection or something going on with its mouth. I don’t have the space or money to have a QT system right now unfortunately. So I’m not sure what to do. He has two angry looking spots as shown in the picture and they look kinda stringy when he moves. He is still eating well and come out for food but over all has been hiding more. Any ideas? Please help id like to save him if possible.

C941FA61-6302-4358-BC48-1549205C2E03.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other animals are in with the goby?
This looks like injury, that the fish is still eating is a good sign, because without a treatment tank you won’t be able to use antibiotics.
Jay

OP
OP
L

lblack2x4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two clowns, a pistol shrimp, some snails, a Halloween hermit crab and a emerald crab. The goby seems to mostly hide since the clowns and the emerald crab were added.

OP
OP
L

lblack2x4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry should have said thanks for the response Jay. Is there anything I should do? Is there any likely hood that it could be parasitic. I understand that I could dose prazi into the display tank as there are no sensitive animals in there. Is that a good idea or not worth it.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry should have said thanks for the response Jay. Is there anything I should do? Is there any likely hood that it could be parasitic. I understand that I could dose prazi into the display tank as there are no sensitive animals in there. Is that a good idea or not worth it.
While prazi is a treatment that can be tolerated by most aquarium animals, I don't see this as being an external fluke infestation.

Is there any chance the pistol shrimp could have popped it in the face?

Jay

OP
OP
L

lblack2x4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any chance the pistol shrimp could have popped it in the face?

Jay
I guess it’s possible they definitely aren’t paired they stay in different burrows so maybe they got in a fight over a burrow? Anything I should be doing to help it recover?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back