Water box is rusting

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
706
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I bought a waterbox around 6 months ago and it’s already starting to rust. Is this supposed to happen I’m assuming not right. This is the rust left after hours of scrubbing and vinegar it use to cover the entire thing even the logo has rust now.

38F66A87-3BFC-48EA-AA02-9D927DF5B550.jpeg 94FF5AB8-C5AB-4DB1-BDA5-530101F0384C.jpeg D43229C3-702F-4A91-85ED-C5A94C775C89.jpeg 886E06B6-E670-4AB3-8B14-E58EA4DBCB8D.jpeg 02693BE9-F223-4A71-AA0F-181BF86AF68B.jpeg 1C9F0DE8-B132-4F4A-9F1A-71A7111D95DE.jpeg 1B1318AF-0A2A-4291-9F78-A2958B44BD5F.jpeg DB2A4876-680B-4803-878D-09FD1D06AE1D.jpeg 7AC966F0-5659-43AF-B2B7-D839FAEB215C.jpeg
 
Have you contacted water box about the issue? I find that when I contact the company directly they usually help with the problem very nicely. I’m sure water box will help you also.
 
My redsea reefer hinges are doing the same thing it’s the nature of the beast having metal near saltwater...
 
Have you contacted water box about the issue? I find that when I contact the company directly they usually help with the problem very nicely. I’m sure water box will help you also.
I was wondering if it was my fault
 
Okay thank you for all the help guys I’ll ask water box for some advice but I may buy the hinges suggested that would not rust
 
I believe a company named Seachoice makes hinges that won't rust. Pretty standard that these companies use cheap hardware that rusts easily over time. Just replace them.
Thank you
 
I know this is an old post, but did you end up replacing your hinges? I’m looking to do the same right now. I would prefer to change them out with the same hinges so I’m not drilling any more holes in the cabinet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new