Water change for sps tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter DTz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DTz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
405
Reaction score
101
Location
malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I’m currently using Neptune dos for auto water change for my sps tank. Will it be better if I do a 1 shot change once a week. Or a constant water change running 24/7 for the same amount?
 
Hi guys. I’m currently using Neptune dos for auto water change for my sps tank. Will it be better if I do a 1 shot change once a week. Or a constant water change running 24/7 for the same amount?
I prefer the continuous water change. It allows for a constant flow of new saltwater which in turn promotes stability.

Otherwise you're disrupting the balance every week.
 
As stability is often the key to a thriving tank, if you have the opportunity to do a continuous water change, stick with that. Further, if this is already working for you- why change it? :)
 
The benefits of AWC are continuously changing water to keep stability and constantly replenish missing trace elements. I actually do both......AWC Monday through Thursday and and a manual change on Fridays to clean equipment and suck up detritus.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new