Water change

Manojkumar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
Is there any device to lift water from lower level to higher level.. I am planning to do water change.. After taking the water out.. How can I refill?

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hook up a hose to a pump like a MJ1200. For the side of the aquarium other refers have built a filling pipe out of PVC to hang on so that the hose end is connected to so that it does not slip out whole filling.

OP
OP
M

Manojkumar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hook up a hose to a pump like a MJ1200. For the side of the aquarium other refers have built a filling pipe out of PVC to hang on so that the hose end is connected to so that it does not slip out whole filling.
Hi,

Thank u for the response. I have the premixed saltwater in a bucket which is on a floor. So this pump will raise tje water from bucket and fill into my tank which is on a stand ?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pump or pre-fill buckets with RO water and mix with salt when ready and pour in

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a device made by Reefloat that automatically changes water from the same container.

Bob Wiley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how much water you're talking about here...
  • If it's a couple gallons you can probably just lift the bucket and pour it in.
  • If it's a few gallons you can probably scoop water into the tank with cups (we use Solo plastic cups for this) until enough water is out that you can lift the bucket easily.
  • If it's lots of gallons I would definitely recommend what AltitudeAquarium and Erick Armanii said and get a cheap pump that can push water up the 5 feet from your floor to your tank. You can basically use the same hose with which you siphoned the tank water out. Connect the exit end to your pump and leave the siphon tube in your tank for the new saltwater to come out and fill your tank.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a brute trash can on wheels to mix up salt water. I have a spare one also. I use a siphon to drain water from the tank into the spare trash can (on wheels also). I wheel up the salt water can, put a pump with attached hose into the can. I pump the water into the tank. I wheel the can with the water change water to a sink with garbage disposal and use the pump and hose to pump the water down the drain. Having a nice inexpensive pump really makes things easier.

OP
OP
M

Manojkumar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a brute trash can on wheels to mix up salt water. I have a spare one also. I use a siphon to drain water from the tank into the spare trash can (on wheels also). I wheel up the salt water can, put a pump with attached hose into the can. I pump the water into the tank. I wheel the can with the water change water to a sink with garbage disposal and use the pump and hose to pump the water down the drain. Having a nice inexpensive pump really makes things easier.
Can you please suggest me a Pump that will pull water from brute can and fill in to the fish tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
MJ1200 most popular but most any pump will work for 5 foot distance. If you dont mind it Slowly going back into tank- Tom Pump very popular.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 178 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back