Water change

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave2245
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dave2245

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2020
Messages
37
Reaction score
14
Location
Bronx NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had clear water for some time now and I do 25% water changes every two weeks. But this time last week I complete my water change and now my water is a little cloudy not much but different than before. I know it's a sign but a sign of what can anyone help me?
 
I think you should be fine. After water changes the water can get a little cloudy. Depending if your tank is new, then you can be going through a bacteria bloom which is normal. If it’s established tank, then you may have disturbed the sand bed which could have caused it to be cloudy
 
I think you should be fine. After water changes the water can get a little cloudy. Depending if your tank is new, then you can be going through a bacteria bloom which is normal. If it’s established tank, then you may have disturbed the sand bed which could have caused it to be cloudy
Thanks for that. The tank been up for 8 to 9 months not a year old yet.
20201014_174048.jpg
 
Your setup is looking good! Yeah once you pass the year mark, it’s smooth sailing
 
Now in my sump I have the protein skimmer in the first part of the sump, then a bio media brick and some more LR, in the next part I have some carbon bags and then the return pump. Do you think that is good or I should move some things around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new