Water change

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I did a water change yesterday made a mistake, and did another 2 gallon water change and I added 2, 1/2 cups of sat mixture Bc That’s what the bag of salt says should I do a water change my salinity is @ 1.020 do I another water change ?

georgeburt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I did a water change yesterday made a mistake, and did another 2 gallon water change and I added 2, 1/2 cups of sat mixture Bc That’s what the bag of salt says should I do a water change my salinity is @ 1.020 do I another water change ?
Yes, do another water change at the correct salinity, do this with 20% water changes over the space of 5 days or so.

Brian Hall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.02 is still in an acceptable range. In my opinion, I would let things settle and slowly bring your salinity back to the desired level by increasing the salinity of your water changes over the next couple weeks. What was it originally? What are you using for a hydrometer?

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.02 is still in an acceptable range. In my opinion, I would let things settle and slowly bring your salinity back to the desired level by increasing the salinity of your water changes over the next couple weeks. What was it originally? What are you using for a hydrometer?
My salinity raised to 1.021

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top off the tank evaporation with saltwater until you reach your desired salinity. There is no reason to keep changing water. Use your Hanna tester to check any newly mixed water and you can add more salt or water depending on salinity. Keep your Hanna calibrated.

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top off the tank evaporation with saltwater until you reach your desired salinity. There is no reason to keep changing water. Use your Hanna tester to check any newly mixed water and you can add more salt or water depending on salinity. Keep your Hanna calibrated.
Thank you sm ! It was kinda low ima check the salinity soon I changed it like 20 min again

OP
OP
Ninaxskymon

Ninaxskymon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ago *

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back