Water Changes.. How Messy Are You?

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all with water changes as I've got it hard plumbed. However every day I spill some here and there and clean it up with the fish towel :) I have had a few overflows where the flooring was damaged, but the wife is a good sport.

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super super messy. Thank goodness we have a tile floor or I'd be in big trouble. I am not even sure how it happens! I have old towels spread on the floor. Somehow the water STILL gets everywhere!

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, I forgot about the buckets. I use 1 or 2 buckets to heat the seawater I buy at the store. I use one or two buckets to take the water out of the tank.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Python system and run it to the slop sink in the laundry room so no buckets or mess when doing a WC. Can't say the same when working in the tank, I splash and drip everywhere.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the python also. The hose stretches all the way to the other side of the house across hardwood floors to an extra bathroom sink. Not a drop on the floor.

Pife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to just turn a couple valves and empty 40 gallons out of my sump while keeping my system going and then a couple more valves and fill with fresh saltwater. In currently setting up a litermeter for daily water changes.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a mixing station out in the garage. I have a Jaebo pump hooked up to it so I can use a hose to fill or refill the tank as needed. Easy peazy.
IMG_0689.JPG

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a hot mess. This protects our hardwood floor beautifully. I bought it to up my online order so I would get free shipping - best $8.99 I ever spent! Next time I will get the larger one. We keep it in front of the tank all of the time for my random splashes, and toss it out on the front porch when it needs to be aired out.

p-76474-FS73842RZ_01-fish.jpg

2 buckets - 10 gallons out, refill with new salt water and back in it goes.

My husband doesn't yell, he helps :)

Speaking of which, I suppose I should go do my weekly duty.

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No messes at all, my sump is exactly 5 gallons in the return section with pumps off. So I use 2 buckets. Been more on it lately than before. 5 gallons out via a water change pump, 5 gallons in via the same pump. I do this once a week on my 80 gallon shallow.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a hot mess. This protects our hardwood floor beautifully. I bought it to up my online order so I would get free shipping - best $8.99 I ever spent! Next time I will get the larger one. We keep it in front of the tank all of the time for my random splashes, and toss it out on the front porch when it needs to be aired out.

p-76474-FS73842RZ_01-fish.jpg

2 buckets - 10 gallons out, refill with new salt water and back in it goes.

My husband doesn't yell, he helps :)

Speaking of which, I suppose I should go do my weekly duty.
Yoga matts work pretty well. They don't absorb water at all. But they roll up nice and are easy to clean.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back