Water Changes

Codemonkey812

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often you to change your water? What percentage do you change? What salt brand do you use? How long do you let new water mix?

I change 20 gallons every three weeks (so 20%). I am currently using reef crystals, not happy with the residue it leaves if I do not wash my mixing station out (garbage can). I let new water mix for at least 24 hours.

I was using Oceanic Natural Sea Salt and loved it, but I cannot find it locally any more.

cymonous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I change mine weekly usually on Sundays. I do about 15% with 2 gallons. I use IO Reef crystals. I did not have a powerhead for a while until recently. I use to mix really well till it was clear and add it to my tank. I now have a powerhead and heater in a bucket. I just add my water and salt and let it mix till my next water change.

justgotwet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use IO reef and do 20% every 3 to 4 weeks. I mix mine in a 5gal with Ph and heater about 12 to 24 hr before change.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5% weekly with Reef Crystals; I haven't been very happy with the leftover residue either, seems worse than in the past.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back