water clarity

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just want to hear what everyone does to keep there water really really clear. thinking of adding ozone have in the past used uv but want something that does not require constant bulb changes. currently using filter socks carbon and gfo but the water never really is so clear that it looks like there is no wate in the tank and that is what I'm looking to do

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank?
What type of substrate do you have?
What is your phosphate level?
What is your stocking list?

Asking to determine if the particulate matter is organic (bacterial or algal) or inorganic (dust from your substrate.)
There are different methods to clarify the water depending on the type of particulate. May need to address the CAUSE of the cloudiness, rather than just try to remove the cloudiness.

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltwaterpicaso

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank is 3 years old substrate is caribsea special grade phos is .02 (hanna) stocking is yellow tang pair of frostbite clowns and a pair of ornate wrasse I use aquaforest pro biotic salt 200 micron filter sock swapped out weekly tank is a 90 gallons and I use an reef octopus elite 200 skimmer its not sand its just a slight haze to the water looking down the tank length wise I love the look of tanks that use ozone. just wondering if there is something else I havnt tried before I pull the trigger and yes I'm aware I cant use the biotic salt with ozone because of bromide and would switch to there regular reef salt

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back