Water Industry Careers

Always Reefin'

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 1, 2016
Messages
30
Reaction score
26
Location
Milwaukee, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I'm applying for a graduate program at UW-Milwaukee's Freshwater School of Science.
17426203_10155135869903114_1170427852628688982_n.jpg


Really impressive oceanographic style research facility and school on the Milwaukee harbor of Lake Michigan.

After graduation, (assuming I'm accepted) I'd like to start a career related to environmental economics, but I have a quite a bit of opinion to develop in the area. So, that leaves me wondering, who has a water related career? And likes it? Let me know what you do!

Sarah
 
In a past life (ok, ~ a year ago) I worked with an environmental consulting firm. Most of my stuff was with the air group (doing permitting for emissions from gas wells and stuff), but I also worked with the NEPA (National Environmental Protection Act) group a lot. They did a lot of water stuff.

Enjoy it? Well... I'm not there anymore. ;) That might have been more the company than the work, though.
 
Im a Life Support Systems Technician at a large aquarium. I work on the pumps, plumbing, automation, ect for the aquariums. Its prety cool, looks like your focusing on reasearch, you could look into water quality labs if you wanted to work at a public aquarium.
 
These are exactly the kinds of posts I'm looking for.

There's a local environmental consulting firm here and I've looked into jobs there and talked to a couple employees, but it doesn't seem like a good fit for me as of now. I'm not a biologist or an engineer, I have an economics background so that makes me more unique in the field, but also seems to limit job possibilities.

We have local aquariums at Discovery World, I'll look into water quality labs, I see it listed on their site.
 
The water folks over at my last job at the Environmental firm were from all over. One was even an archeologist that helped indict Hussein via mass burial sites.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new