Water is cloudy

  • Thread starter Thread starter that guy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

that guy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2025
Messages
68
Reaction score
76
Location
Huntsville, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wondering if my cloudy water is a bacteria bloom? I am about to do a 15% water change to try to get my mag level up but dont think i should if it is bacterial.
1c87101b-cc6a-4fd0-b921-97333c80a35f.jpg


47d8952f-0ea1-4f86-ae5f-a63852a71c2b.png

Trates are 5 and phos .25.
I also use a 4-stage ro/di and tropic marin pro reef salt. Any advice will help.

Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Im wondering if my cloudy water is a bacteria bloom? I am about to do a 15% water change to try to get my mag level up but dont think i should if it is bacterial.
1c87101b-cc6a-4fd0-b921-97333c80a35f.jpg


47d8952f-0ea1-4f86-ae5f-a63852a71c2b.png

Trates are 5 and phos .25.
I also use a 4-stage ro/di and tropic marin pro reef salt. Any advice will help.

Thanks in advance.
A microscope would be useful.

Could the cloudiness be calcium carbonate precipitation?
In a brightly lit aquarium, why not an algae bloom? It would not have to be green?
 
Im wondering if my cloudy water is a bacteria bloom? I am about to do a 15% water change to try to get my mag level up but dont think i should if it is bacterial.
1c87101b-cc6a-4fd0-b921-97333c80a35f.jpg


47d8952f-0ea1-4f86-ae5f-a63852a71c2b.png

Trates are 5 and phos .25.
I also use a 4-stage ro/di and tropic marin pro reef salt. Any advice will help.

Thanks in advance.
A microscope would be useful.

Could the cloudiness be calcium carbonate precipitation?
In a brightly lit aquarium, why not an algae bloom? It would not have to be green?
Best i can do is my galaxy s23. Lol.

If it was calcium precipitation wouldnt my levels drop as the calcium drops out of solution? I've had no notable loss in calcium levels and checked my calibration using the neptune solution to check.
 
Last edited:
Best i can do is my galaxy s23. Lol.

If it was calcium precipitation wouldnt my levels drop as the calcium drops out of solution? I've had no notable loss in calcium levels and checked my calibration using the neptune solution to check.
Good point.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new