Water parameters and corals

Timrpn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
176
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you keep your water parameters at? Alk, Ca? I have corals. But they are not popping up like i am expecting them to be. I have the flow I believe and I have the proper lighting. 60 cube. 24x24x24 with kessil A360.

Current Alk is 8.68 dkh
Calcium is 420 ppm
 
Your basic parameters don't seem off. Sometimes corals in a new tank take a while to acclimate to their new system.
Most importantly, STABILITY. Corals hate bouncing numbers. This include temperature, salinity, and photo period as well. Keep things as stable as possible, and things usually thrive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new