Water temp for Acropora reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter HB AL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Low 80's seem to speed up metabolism in corals, so they are more extended. I just want the dinos to suffer and not like the warmer waters. So, far I am on day 2 only of Dinos. I am going to add Start Smart Complete, to introduce more good bacteria. Will report if that helps out the systems.
Interesting about the metabolism, I never really looked at the science behind it. It's an unfortunate byproduct of being in a room with 8 10'x6' windows. Even when the blinds are drawn it heats up more, but I have a small tank (25 lagoon). 2 years with no side effects!
 
Interesting about the metabolism, I never really looked at the science behind it. It's an unfortunate byproduct of being in a room with 8 10'x6' windows. Even when the blinds are drawn it heats up more, but I have a small tank (25 lagoon). 2 years with no side effects!
The tank that has been identified as having Dinos, only through coffe filter test is next to a window with strong wooden blinds that have heat resistant paper film to help but the heat still travels somewhat. So, my tank with thermo-electric chiller struggled to keep 78-80F throughout the day, meaning the chiller never turned off. Now, that I have rasied the setting to 82F it turns off and takes breaks, my house has central AC at 78F. Hoping to make a dent with the dinos and not hurt the SPS in the process.
 
The tank that has been identified as having Dinos, only through coffe filter test is next to a window with strong wooden blinds that have heat resistant paper film to help but the heat still travels somewhat. So, my tank with thermo-electric chiller struggled to keep 78-80F throughout the day, meaning the chiller never turned off. Now, that I have rasied the setting to 82F it turns off and takes breaks, my house has central AC at 78F. Hoping to make a dent with the dinos and not hurt the SPS in the process.
That makes me feel a lot better about doing it as well. Thank you for your first hand insight! I've been avoiding a chiller at literally all costs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new