Water temp

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquariums pretty much stay at 80 degrees, I keep heaters in both set at 78 in case the temp in my house drops.
Should I worry that my temp runs on the high side ? I can’t see adding a chiller since I’ve had both aquariums running for years and nothing seems bothered at the higher temp.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My aquariums pretty much stay at 80 degrees, I keep heaters in both set at 78 in case the temp in my house drops.
Should I worry that my temp runs on the high side ? I can’t see adding a chiller since I’ve had both aquariums running for years and nothing seems bothered at the higher temp.
No worries. Similar here. Heaters at 78 but my tanks ride at 79-80 in the summer.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best to avoid large fluctuations if possible but I've had tanks run into the 82 range without any negative effect. I'd aim for 78-80 as acceptable.

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same... I had an electrical current in my tank... tracked it to one of my heaters... removed them. REALIZED that the temp did not change as I gonna run out and purchase a new heater... NEVER added a new heater 6 months later and my temp stays at 78 / 79. sometimes higher. I think it is the lights and the filter themselves. I checked at night and the temp does not drop!

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same... I had an electrical current in my tank... tracked it to one of my heaters... removed them. REALIZED that the temp did not change as I gonna run out and purchase a new heater... NEVER added a new heater 6 months later and my temp stays at 78 / 79. sometimes higher. I think it is the lights and the filter themselves. I checked at night and the temp does not drop!
When I got home at lunch the temp was in the mid 80’s , I think the thermometer is off, and put an old type thermometer in and it was a little better but still high.
It’s an all in one with a lid so I braced the lid open about an inch to allow more air to circulate and the temp was better this morning.
Is this a common issues with aio with the hoods ?
I plan on removing it anyway and using another led light so it’s not so closed in.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got home at lunch the temp was in the mid 80’s , I think the thermometer is off, and put an old type thermometer in and it was a little better but still high.
It’s an all in one with a lid so I braced the lid open about an inch to allow more air to circulate and the temp was better this morning.
Is this a common issues with aio with the hoods ?
I plan on removing it anyway and using another led light so it’s not so closed in.

Lid will limit the ammount of evaporation that occurs limiting the heat that can be removed.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove lid, small 6 inch clip on fan over the water surface.

Get something like an inkbird to control your heaters and set the temperature range.

If you still want a lid, Octoaquatics will make you the best lid for your tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back