waterbox 10 complete silent

mr_bobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested if anyone here knows if it is possible to install a waterbox 10 so that it becomes completely silent? I wanted it in my bedroom. I was thinking of replacing the return pump with a new one. Using AI blade LED which is fanless, and maybe a nero wave pump. No SPS. The important thing is that it is completely silent if anyone has succeeded in this?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a silent wavemaker something like a Sicce Voyager might work best. And you want a DC return pump. There is going to be some noise just from water flowing over your filter sock, etc.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested if anyone here knows if it is possible to install a waterbox 10 so that it becomes completely silent? I wanted it in my bedroom. I was thinking of replacing the return pump with a new one. Using AI blade LED which is fanless, and maybe a nero wave pump. No SPS. The important thing is that it is completely silent if anyone has succeeded in this?
My daughter has one in her room. We have this for water pump:

1689459505447.jpeg

and for water motion:
1689459619136.png

the combination is quiet not silent. Also once the biofilm builds up it quiets down.

All the filter baskets have been removed in the back chamber and activated carbon is in a bag only.

Good luck,

OP
OP
M

mr_bobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like it not to be heard about 2 meters away, where I sleep. Wondering if anyone has succeeded in this or is it impossible. Should be doable considering the small size, I think.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replace the factory return with sicce 1.0 and get a RFG.
Silent and you don’t need a wave maker

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like it not to be heard about 2 meters away, where I sleep. Wondering if anyone has succeeded in this or is it impossible. Should be doable considering the small size, I think.
Sound is subjective, for example I find all AC pumps hum and I find the hum annoying others don’t care. In the Waterbox 10 the return pump compartment is small so any sound is amplified and none of the AC pumps worked silently for me. DC pump don’t have the hum.

You, will need to try and find out what is acceptable to you and probably keep tweaking the output nozzle, pump location etc…

I tried number of pumps (I have collection) but honestly if your bedroom is silent at night there is nothing that will be silent unless you turn all the pumps right down or off.

OP
OP
M

mr_bobby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if this pump fits:
Aqua Medic DC Runner x.3 (WiFi) 1.3 (1200L/H).
Thinking of using this as a return pump and lowering the speed at night, wondering how much you can lower without hurting corals / fish?

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks like the footprint of the return chamber is 80 x 95mm and the footprint of the Aqua Medic 1.3 pump is 90 x 60mm without the strainer so maybe? That sure is a tight fit. The waterbox website has full specs of the chambers in the back for you to review and search for a dc pump that will fit. If you can get the IM Mighty Jet over there I highly recommend it. It has so much power in such a small footprint and it is absolutely silent. The Mighty Jet Mini is only 63.5 x 47.5mm so it will definitely fit.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back