Waterbox 100.3 Mixed Reef Build

Thanks for the compliments. For the substrate, I used Nature's Ocean Pink Samoa sand. No complaints with it so far. I rinsed it good prior to placing in the tank and it hasn't flown around yet with my two Reefbreeder RP-Ms and gyre running random modes. When I break down my old tank, I'll add my MP10 and AI Prime to this tank. I figure then I just might have enough light and flow for SPS.

Let me know when you start your build thread and I'll follow it!

No problem. It sounds like you will have enough lighting for SPS and you definitely have the flow covered (even without the MP10). I would have used a couple MP10s as well, but unfortunately, I don't think they will fit on the 12mm glass of our tanks.

I will definitely let you know once I get started. I received my Waterbox freight e-mail today, so it should be shipping in 1-3 days!
 
Tank update: Cycle complete, so I added a yellow coris wrasse and a Christmas wrasse from my LFS. I'll "QT" them in this tank then slowly add my existing fish from my 45g.
20191220_154510.jpg
20191220_154517.jpg
 
Tank update: Cycle complete, so I added a yellow coris wrasse and a Christmas wrasse from my LFS. I'll "QT" them in this tank then slowly add my existing fish from my 45g.
20191220_154510.jpg
20191220_154517.jpg

Congrats! Great choices for Wrasse as long as the "Christmas Wrasse" is H. claudia and not H. ornatissimus. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but yours seems to be H. claudia.

I was planning on the same two fish, but may get an Adorned (H. cosmetus) instead of the Christmas.
 
Last edited:
I had
Congrats! Great choices for Wrasse as long as the "Christmas Wrasse" is H. claudia and not H. ornatissimus. It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but yours seems to be H. claudia.

I was planning on the same two fish, but may get an Adorned (H. cosmetus) instead of the Christmas.
I had it ID'd on here as H. biocellatus which is good I hear.

20191221_042822.jpg
 
I had

I had it ID'd on here as H. biocellatus which is good I hear.

20191221_042822.jpg
Nice, H. biocellatus is a Red-Lined Wrasse. A great looking, peaceful one. Very similar to the others, but with more red.

I put my build thread up, but it's not much at the moment, just a crate and some information. ;Joyful
 
Nice, H. biocellatus is a Red-Lined Wrasse. A great looking, peaceful one. Very similar to the others, but with more red.

I put my build thread up, but it's not much at the moment, just a crate and some information. ;Joyful
I will be keeping an eye out for it once you start. I just got a diatom bloom so the tank looks really bad today...lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new