Waterbox 20G build

Gargamell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2017
Messages
142
Reaction score
39
Location
Edwardsville IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I'm back for a third time, got the itch again. I still have a bunch of equipment from my last build I just got rid of my tank then got lazy selling everything else. I found a waterbox 20 on Facebook with a bunch of items for really cheap so I picked it up. It had a primehd which I might or might not use I have a noops from my last tank. it came with ato, power heads and a Kraken lid. I had an old hutch that had recently worked for my I'm 20 but different dimensions. I was going to bite the bullet and get the waterbox stand but read some bad reviews (but we know how that goes) so it is tough to find a 18x18 stand. I found a cheap stand at Petco that will work for now hopefully. not the best quality but we will see.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
 
I spent the last couple of days working on the dry rock scape, and I’m really happy with how it turned out. I used JB Water Weld and Nyos reef cement to secure everything. I’ve already mixed up the saltwater and am hoping to get the tank wet and start the cycle tomorrow night. It’s hard to stay patient when I’m this excited to get things moving, but I know it's all part of the process!
IMG_0139.jpg
IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg
 
Following along! Can't wait to see how your tank comes together!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new