• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Waterbox: 21 weeks and it still hasn't shipped

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

madadium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Waterbox Clear 4820 (white stand) on November 9, 2021 during their Blue Friday sale.

The item was on backorder, meaning it typically ships within 6 weeks according to their website.

About two weeks after placing the order they told me the aquarium will ship January 2nd to January 12th (about 8 weeks after placing the order). Early in that window I reached out again and they confirmed it was still on target.

January 12th passed and I emailed them, they said there was a slight delay getting the latest shipment to Canada and the new window was January 17-27th.

Once within that window they then stated that they had forgot to send the aquarium to Canada in the latest shipment. The new ETA was now an additional 8 to 10 weeks.

16 weeks after placing my order, I received a new shipping window of March 15-25. That date came and went and I was told there was another "slight delay" at the border.

We are now over halfway thru the latest "shipping window" and I am no closer to getting my aquarium than I was in Early November.

It's been over 21 weeks since I placed the order. They have held my money and delivered on nothing. I have been the one to initiate all communication to receive any information on my order status. If I hadn't already bought items specific to this aquarium I would have cancelled the order.

If I could do it all again I would not go with a Waterbox. Their customer service experience is abysmal. They are friendly but there are zero policies in place to keep the customer updated or track heavily delayed orders, and I still cannot believe they initially failed to send my aquarium to thier Canadian warehouse.

It's gotten to the point that when/if the aquarium ever arrives I am fully expecting it to be damaged, adding to this nightmare.

I hope you all keep my experience in mind if you are thinking of ordering a Waterbox, especially if you're Canadian.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back