Waterbox 230 Build!!

NIWID

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been meaning to start this build thread for a while now. Back in May I pulled the trigger on a Waterbox 230 Plus edition that came with stand, sump, tank and 4 Hydra 26 HD's. I went into the purchase knowing that shipping would take 8 weeks. Unfortunately, upon arrival my sump had a pretty sizable chip in it that delayed my build for another month. After working with Waterbox to get a replacement sump shipped I was finally able to start my build in late August.

While waiting on my tank to arrive I read plenty of great threads on this forum about saltwater mixing stations and decided to set one up in my garage. For my RODI system I went with the chloramine special from Buckeye Hydro. Knowing nothing about RODI systems and how to set them up I probably called Buckeye 5 times over the course of purchasing and setting this system up. They ALWAYS pick up the phone and are happy to answer any question you have...absolutely great customer service and a great product to boot!!!
mixing station.jpg

After a long wait my tank finally arrived. The first delivery attempt failed because the pallet the tank was shipped on was cracked and we couldn't get it off the truck. The freight company had to take the tank back to their warehouse, remove it from the pallet and came back the next day to deliver.
WB delivery.jpg

A week later I had the tank on the stand. This tank is HEAVY...took 4 guys to walk it out the garage, around the front of the house and through the front door. I hope I never have to move this tank again.
tank.jpg

This week I finally got the sand and rock in and filled the tank with water. I got the dry rock from Billy's Reef Connection (Florida Dry Rock) which seems like the exact same stuff as BRS reef saver just a bit cheaper. I used a combination of fiberglass rods, zip ties and E-Marco 400 cement for the aquascape. I've got plans to make this a mixed reef tank but have zero experience keeping corals so we will see how that goes. Right now I have a few damsels and a niger trigger in QT. The trigger was a total impulse buy...probably should have bought him last but oh well. Still working on a stocking list but I plan to make this a tang heavy tank. I'll try to keep the updates coming as I continue my build.
tanklights.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank and pictures and great write up

And welcome to R2R as well by the way, and keep the pictures coming!

OP
OP
N

NIWID

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I'm thinking for fish. Anyone have experience with niger trigger think I'll have a problem with any of these? Is it a mistake to add the trigger first?

Niger Trigger
Azure Damsel (5)
Watchman Goby
Lawnmower Blenny
Maroon Clown (2)
Yellow Foxface
Hippo Tang
Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Kole Tang

Saisori

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratz! Following to see how the build goes.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is what I'm thinking for fish. Anyone have experience with niger trigger think I'll have a problem with any of these? Is it a mistake to add the trigger first?

Niger Trigger
Azure Damsel (5)
Watchman Goby
Lawnmower Blenny
Maroon Clown (2)
Yellow Foxface
Hippo Tang
Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Kole Tang

Never have had a problem w/ a Niger Trigger in regards to aggression.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back