X2 Clownfish
X2 Cardinal PJ
Flame Hawkfish
Black Cap Basslet
Neon Goby
Starcki Damselfish
Coral Beauty
Lawnmower Blenny.

Should be possible if you keep small fish and do either strict feeding or strict water changes. I actually bottomed out my nutrients fighting hair algae with vibrant. So now I’ve been feeding heavy and no water changes for a while, phosphate stays between 0.3-0.8. That’s simply with changing filter floss every couple days and skimmer. And heavy-ish feeding.
Good to know! I plan to stock similar fish and mostly smaller fish as well. The only decent size fish I am thinking is a zebramosa tang. Sounds like it’s possible with limited equipment as I like the simplicity of AIO tanks. Thanks for your responses! :)

OP
OP
josh515025

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New toys came in yesterday from Innovative Marine! They had a sale going on so picked up the 15G ATO reservoir. It’s built amazingly well, all glass with black silicone, it’s basically the same quality as a IM tank. It barely fit in the stand, a eight of a inch longer and I would’ve had to flip it on the side. I’m glad I will only have to fill the reservoir every 2-3 weeks.

Also got the UV sterilizer from them, the next day the water was crystal clear. I also got it as a aid to fight dinos, but to be honest I haven’t gotten a ID on the exact type so if it doesn’t help I’ll continue with my original plan of dosing MB7 and keeping nutrients a little elevated.

Attachments

• 3C479009-23DA-4441-BDE0-C37A3A33E8BA.jpeg
    3C479009-23DA-4441-BDE0-C37A3A33E8BA.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 78
  • B9EFB706-D1C9-4E2F-AE75-3AC0AE8CDD10.jpeg
    B9EFB706-D1C9-4E2F-AE75-3AC0AE8CDD10.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 86

dero13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO reservoir looks sweet man. How you liking it so far? Also how are you finding the floss & skimmer managing the bioload? If I go with this tank I will most likely be running the same (floss&9004 skimmer only)

OP
OP
josh515025

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO reservoir looks sweet man. How you liking it so far? Also how are you finding the floss & skimmer managing the bioload? If I go with this tank I will most likely be running the same (floss&9004 skimmer only)
I love the reservoir, tbh I would prefer a acrylic one like I had before simply because of the weight and less chance of damage if I have to move it. That being said the quality is excellent and looks great, also love the drawer in case I want to just pour a 5 gallon jug of RODI I won’t need a pump.

It’s doing good, skimmer skims a bit wet but pulls out dark stuff pretty consistently after a break in period. I broke the controller which is a bit flimsy while doing maintenance so I had to order a new DC controller replacement from overseas. So I’ve only been running the filter floss changing every 2-3 days. Tbh I think the floss does most of the filtration, the skimmer does help though. Phosphate stays between .03-.08

dero13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense. Removing organics before they break down is more effective if you don’t mind the manually removal of floss. I run floss in my fw tanks so I’m used to it and doesn’t bother me. Glad to hear the tank is doing well. I’m very much so considering this for my first dive into sw. also a note on the floss — I use polyfil from Walmart (much cheaper for same effectiveness) if you wanted a cheaper option

OP
OP
josh515025

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea its not a big deal to change out every few days. One thing to consider is how much flow you will be running through the "sump" area. My return pump is strong for the tank so I have much more tank turnover, for this reason my sponge / floss material was getting clogged up in a matter of hours, I had to switch to 10 ppi sponge which is very coarse, only filters out larger particles. I feel if you have less flow through the sump you can use a finer sponge material or floss. I have trouble finding 10 ppi coarse floss or sponge I've only found one website, anything finer clogs up too fast for me.

dero13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that makes sense. At least you know the tank is being polished well keep up the updates looking forward to seeing the progression!

commanderwho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? Where did you install your UV?
your coral beauty not picking on corals?

Lilly45nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin tank!
What are you using for filter floss in the cups? Also what are you using for your ATO and reservoir please? Is the Tunzee 9004 enough for the tank?

OP
OP
josh515025

josh515025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice lookin tank!
What are you using for filter floss in the cups? Also what are you using for your ATO and reservoir please? Is the Tunzee 9004 enough for the tank?
Thanks! You can see it on YouTube too Jreef. Need to do another update soon.

I found a really coarse sponge from a website called Swiss tropicals if I’m remembering correctly. It’s 10ppi so it can go longer without clogging which was a problem with anything finer.

Im using the Tunze Osmolator and Innovative Marine 15 gallon reservoir lasts a good while.

9004 is good enough I guess but my main nutrient export is weekly water changes. I’m planning on attaching a co2 scrubber attachment to the 9004 tho because I have low ph. So that will be it’s main use

Lilly45nano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! You can see it on YouTube too Jreef. Need to do another update soon.

I found a really coarse sponge from a website called Swiss tropicals if I’m remembering correctly. It’s 10ppi so it can go longer without clogging which was a problem with anything finer.

Im using the Tunze Osmolator and Innovative Marine 15 gallon reservoir lasts a good while.

9004 is good enough I guess but my main nutrient export is weekly water changes. I’m planning on attaching a co2 scrubber attachment to the 9004 tho because I have low ph. So that will be it’s main use
Where did you place the Tunze Osmolator please?

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t mean to necro this thread but I’m looking at the same tank and curious how it’s going! Any update?

Back