OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I’ll have to check that out , it would make a nice stand for a Small/Nano qt Tank aswell

I usually just search around trying to find a cabinet that has the appropriate dimensions or close to what I want. The black cabinets that I have for my other tank actually came from Walmart’s website believe it or not.

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c51f63314ae4d79be213b9f048c26de2.jpg
46b97ebed39389f779df5f5af1aaf297.jpg

I did not quite get all the rock work in the tank. However I did finish the plumbing, hung the Radion rail and did some cable management. I ran into a roadblock with having to order a couple extension cables for the apex reservoir sensor and the leak detection sensors. We will have all the rock finished and in the tank tomorrow.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it worth the effort that you went through to get the return line PVC'd? Is it also PVC in the overflow box to the nozzle? BTW I want to get a waterbox as well!

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it worth the effort that you went through to get the return line PVC'd? Is it also PVC in the overflow box to the nozzle? BTW I want to get a waterbox as well!

Removing the barb fitting was pretty simply. You just have to be very careful to not distort the “T” fitting while it’s hot and soft. I thought about building my own return past the check valve however the thread pattern that is used in their unions is different from a standard pattern. It only took me a few minutes to get it out. Yes all the plumbing in the overflow is PVC through a bulkhead. The cross piece where the nozzles come out seats in place and can be easily removed for maintenance. I have heard some horror stories about people and the shipping of waterbox but mine was in perfect condition and very simple to put together. I have very happy with the quality thus far.

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife had a pretty good idea of adding the XR15 we had from our old 25 gallon to the first chamber in our sump and using it as a small frag hold area. Anyone else tried this out or think of any possible problems that could arise? It would be nothing but the light and some frag racks of different levels for PAR variation.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dfb043fffa6099cadf1ac9dcd15d008c.jpg
b119e21053e8f82142e1475630200220.jpg
835724d23f6af7705c8c1a4c8ee10e25.jpg

Water is in! Time to throw in the salt!

Please don’t judge the little XR15. He is just hanging out for a little lighting effect at the moment.
Nice set up. I got mine running last week and love it. I put my skimmer in the other baffle and use the overflow for the fuge.

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up. I got mine running last week and love it. I put my skimmer in the other baffle and use the overflow for the fuge.
I love mine too and thank you. I actually think so far that it might be better then my Red Sea. I ended up using the other chamber because it was bigger. I almost removed the divider to fit the Octo-250 but I felt it was a little unnecessary since I wasn’t going to put more then 10 finish in.

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very happy with the return flow I am getting. The Vectra L1 at 85% is pushing very nicely to the far end of tank. After reading about other 7226 owners having flow issues to the far side, I decided to gamble with a larger return pump. I think it payed off. Also removed a MP40 from my other tank to test whether it would hold on the 19MM glass. It’s a no go so looks like I will have to step up to MP60’s.

martinelias1983

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice dude, ordered the same tank and am receiving it tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm moving so I wont be setting it up until the 20th. Very cool to see someone else with the same tank and look forward to seeing your progress. I too got the vectra l1 for the same reason you did lol. Got an aquamaxx q3 skimmer and will be running a gyre 350 on the opposite end of the return...
One question is why did you put that white panel in the tank? Is that recommended?
Edit: second question would be is changing around the plumbing included with the tank required to install the pump? This is my first system and I'd prefer not to tamper with the plumbing unless it's absolutely necessary.

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Star board? I am doing a bare bottom setup and the panel is to protect the glass from the rocks. The plumbing that comes with them tank is just fine. You would just have to install a hose barb on your pump and you would be set. I just like the cleaner look of hard plumbing. It’s a great tank man, your going to love it.

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f27343736db8fc195ec999ec786f3916.jpg
e1e0962dca92bb3c3db607c12bb690a2.jpg

The cycle has started! Now we wait. Starting to get the rest of the equipment together. 4 MP 60’s, GEO 618 calcium reactor, GEO FMC415 media reactor, 4 XR30’s and all Neptune equipment. The wife and I am currently trying to decide if we should just shut the Reefer 250 down and move 2 of the XR30’s and all the Apex equipment over.

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0001.JPG

I had a spare MP10 laying around from the 25G that I broke down so I figured I would throw it on the ATO Reservoir to keep the water moving. Also placed some egg crate under the ATO pump to eliminate the vibration against the glass. Just have not cut it to size yet.

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of getting all the stuff needed for my next build. I’m planning to use the WB7226 on a custom stand to accommodate my current sump. Can you take a couple measurements for me off of yours?

I need to know the exact width of the tank/stand it sits on?

Also the spacing of the factory plumbing? I plan to run custom lines but want to plan my sump bulkheads so how far from the edge of the tank is the center of the first drain line? Then distance between that center and the drain line next to it? And finally the distance between that center and the return line?

Thank you in advance for your help!

OP
OP
jblasi

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of getting all the stuff needed for my next build. I’m planning to use the WB7226 on a custom stand to accommodate my current sump. Can you take a couple measurements for me off of yours?

I need to know the exact width of the tank/stand it sits on?

Also the spacing of the factory plumbing? I plan to run custom lines but want to plan my sump bulkheads so how far from the edge of the tank is the center of the first drain line? Then distance between that center and the drain line next to it? And finally the distance between that center and the return line?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I am currently out of town for work. However if you look up the dimensions on the WB website, those are the exact outer dimensions. I used those when I was planning the space for the build. As for the plumbing I am sorry. I wish I could help you out but I will not be back for sometime.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back