Waterbox aio 65.4 return pump

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. So been a good year and month family enjoys getting back into the hobby with the 13.5 tomorrow for cyber Monday I’m ordering waterbox 65.4 all in one. My dream tank with two ai primes. But it doesn’t come with a return pump. I’m a sicce guy. Think there great and have one in my Fluval. So how many gph return pump filtering do I need for this 65 gallon. 4 foot tank?
pumped to do a new build thread

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok bump. So new question I have the chamber dimensions. What is the gph flow rate that you guys reccomend for a 65 gallon tank? Thanks
I think sicce makes a silent 3.0 which fits my chamber and it’s around 750gph flow

Matthew Halford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running the sicce sdc 6.0. I’ve run it at 100% and the tank can handle it. Be careful if you’re running filter socks though because if they clog you’re gonna be cleaning up salt splash everywhere.

OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running the sicce sdc 6.0. I’ve run it at 100% and the tank can handle it. Be careful if you’re running filter socks though because if they clog you’re gonna be cleaning up salt splash everywhere.
Good to know I may settle for the 568gph pump which should be a little safer. I don’t know what to over load the filter chamber

Bob Tiffany

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the SDC 6.0 in my tank as well. Right now I just have fresh water in the tank to leak test and make sure everything is nice and level after it settles. I feel like this tank can handle around 50%-60% from this pump fairly easily, but much more than that it gets noisy. One question I have for you if you don't mind... were you able to get the pump connected to the app? I can not get it to work, I've tried everything I can think of. I can connect to the pump's wifi and do the wifi setup, but when I click save nothing happens and the pump never shows up in the app. Other than the issue with the app though, the pump is great!

Matthew Halford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the SDC 6.0 in my tank as well. Right now I just have fresh water in the tank to leak test and make sure everything is nice and level after it settles. I feel like this tank can handle around 50%-60% from this pump fairly easily, but much more than that it gets noisy. One question I have for you if you don't mind... were you able to get the pump connected to the app? I can not get it to work, I've tried everything I can think of. I can connect to the pump's wifi and do the wifi setup, but when I click save nothing happens and the pump never shows up in the app. Other than the issue with the app though, the pump is great!
I find the same as you report
I haven’t had any issues with the app setup. Worked flawless right out of the box

Back