Waterbox "Cabinet Tray"?

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just about to place my order for the WaterBox Infinia Reef 150.4

I've watched several videos etc and I noticed something tonight I've never read about or heard mentioned or seen. This is a Waterbox tank on Parker's Reef YT Channel from 2020. In the screen shot below you can clearly see a "White Drip Pan" made for the Waterbox cabinet.

Is this a standard item? Is it something that can be Special Ordered from Waterbox?

1710298265994.png

strich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently binging his videos and I'm pretty sure what you're looking at is a fully DIY made cabinet and sump tray. I think possibly it was done as part of a custom sump video he did. You can double check by going and finding the video he did on it.

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently binging his videos and I'm pretty sure what you're looking at is a fully DIY made cabinet and sump tray. I think possibly it was done as part of a custom sump video he did. You can double check by going and finding the video he did on it.

Ahhh that makes sense. I was re-watching it and the stand was there long before the tank so I bet you're hit the nail on the head.

THANK YOU!

Allen

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just about to place my order for the WaterBox Infinia Reef 150.4

I've watched several videos etc and I noticed something tonight I've never read about or heard mentioned or seen. This is a Waterbox tank on Parker's Reef YT Channel from 2020. In the screen shot below you can clearly see a "White Drip Pan" made for the Waterbox cabinet.

Is this a standard item? Is it something that can be Special Ordered from Waterbox?

1710298265994.png

I like this idea and have thought about how I could incorporate something like this into my system.

I like the idea of catching water from accidents. I would install a drain with a container to catch water so that it can be reused.

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this idea and have thought about how I could incorporate something like this into my system.

I like the idea of catching water from accidents. I would install a drain with a container to catch water so that it can be reused.
I too want to have some type of "Water Catch" because I know how many times I've spilled small amounts of water here and there.

To be honest, I wasn't aware of how much "dripped" under my last stand until I moved out of the house and had to pay a Floor Finisher to come in and redo that whole room. It would be MUCH cheaper to do a Drip Pan than get my existing floor refinished.

If I can't figure out the "Drip Tray" in time, I'll install a Floor Mat or something under the stand.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too want to have some type of "Water Catch" because I know how many times I've spilled small amounts of water here and there.

To be honest, I wasn't aware of how much "dripped" under my last stand until I moved out of the house and had to pay a Floor Finisher to come in and redo that whole room. It would be MUCH cheaper to do a Drip Pan than get my existing floor refinished.

If I can't figure out the "Drip Tray" in time, I'll install a Floor Mat or something under the stand.

You could probably use something like a cargo trunk liner by Weathertech.

Obviously, it would not be custom, but you would only need one big enough to hold the sump.

OP
OP
BigAl07

BigAl07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could probably use something like a cargo trunk liner by Weathertech.

Obviously, it would not be custom, but you would only need one big enough to hold the sump.

Excellent idea!! That gives me tons more options!!

Well done and THANK YOU!

Allen

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back