Waterbox cube 10 gallons protein skimmer?

Chandlertank108

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2019
Messages
62
Reaction score
16
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone has icecap k-1 nano protein skimmer on 10gallons waterbox cube? Does it fit in the middle chamber?
 
I can't speak to the icecap, but I have the eshopps and its finds in the middle chamber and skims excellent
 
I use a TUNZE 9001 DC in my Cube 10, in case you were still looking for ideas.
How were you able to mount the Tunze 9001 low enough in the Cube 10. I'm trying to mount one, but the two layers of glass between the chambers is an issue with the magnet.
 
How were you able to mount the Tunze 9001 low enough in the Cube 10. I'm trying to mount one, but the two layers of glass between the chambers is an issue with the magnet.

I found it easiest to install it into the central chamber, with the magnet securing it to the right-hand side (when looking straight on). Constant water level is crucial in this working, so make sure you are using an ATO or topping off daily. : )
 
I found it easiest to install it into the central chamber, with the magnet securing it to the right-hand side (when looking straight on). Constant water level is crucial in this working, so make sure you are using an ATO or topping off daily. : )
Hi EmilyxLC,

Wondering if you were happen to be able to fit this in central chamber with a EOTech XR 15 mount without having to offset the mount in another chamber (as you would need to with an AIPrime Flex Mount)?
 
I have an icecap in the middle back chamber of my Peninsula 25. The back chamber in the 10 isn't as big as it but it will still fit!
 

Attachments

  • 20230605_182011.jpg
    20230605_182011.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 74
Bubble magus mini Q should do it. Super whisper quiet. Pulls a lot of skimmate, no break in. Love mine
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new