Waterbox MARINE X 110.4 setup reccos please!

Newreefmama

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dearest reefers!!!

My family has escalated from a Biocube 32 two months ago to a Waterbox Mrine x 110.4 arriving next week May I please see your 110 gal reef tanks? Set up recommendations? We have quite a bit of coral and some fish. I don’t want it too crowded but need hiding places for all of our wet tenants! Thank you!!!

IMG_0950.jpeg IMG_0650.jpeg IMG_0659.jpeg

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you check those top frame pieces really well. Mine were warped and I can’t get any help from Waterbox. Warped to the point that no matter how I maneuvered them, the tank would not sit level. It’s a rimless tank, so mines just been sitting here..

blakeu21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest regret when setting up my waterbox 110 is my scape. I did not take the time to plan it at all and I was in a rush to get it set up. I would say plan out your scape outside the tank and take your time. I would also not rush getting the corals and fish out of that 32 take your time

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you check those top frame pieces really well. Mine were warped and I can’t get any help from Waterbox. Warped to the point that no matter how I maneuvered them, the tank would not sit level. It’s a rimless tank, so mines just been sitting here..
Update: Waterbox looked at the top piece and was kind enough to send me a replacement. The new H piece is perfectly level. I put an innovative marine 48”x24” leveling mat on the top of the metal frame to give it a bigger buffer, and trimmed off the excess. It also makes me feel better about not accidentally hitting that aluminum fame onto the glass and chipping or cracking it.

I’m currently looking at options to circumvent the stock leveling feet, but I’m overall very pleased with waterbox assisting.

I would say get another leveling mat to put on and that should help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back