OP
endy0430

endy0430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8/4/2021 UPDATE
UV Installed today not leaks which is great lets see if I get no algae will report at a later time.

UV1.jpg
UV2.jpg
uv3.jpg

hworner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking awesome and you picked very good equipment! I recently got the same tank and am picking up my light next week was going to go with the gen 5 xr30, but now that I see you went with the XR15 do you think that the XR15 would be fine for this tank for a mixed reef?

OP
OP
endy0430

endy0430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking awesome and you picked very good equipment! I recently got the same tank and am picking up my light next week was going to go with the gen 5 xr30, but now that I see you went with the XR15 do you think that the XR15 would be fine for this tank for a mixed reef?
Oh yes man the XR15 is more than enough.

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if you have one already but my advice is get a lid of some kind on that tank. i lost a cardnal and a green goby due to something spooked them and they jumped out of my tank. other then that the tank looks amazing.

OP
OP
endy0430

endy0430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if you have one already but my advice is get a lid of some kind on that tank. i lost a cardnal and a green goby due to something spooked them and they jumped out of my tank. other then that the tank looks amazing.
I was looking into one. Which one did you get

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
endy0430

endy0430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jonny Walker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use a custom lid from Kraken reef. I highly suggest those over the waterbox put together ones... Link is attached of the lid that will fit your tank.

https://www.thekrakenreef.com/collections/waterbox-marine-lids/products/waterbox-marine-60-2-lid
This lid looks like it’s for the 60.2 prior to the Marine X upgrade where they ditched the back reservoir for a Center overflow.
Below should be for the Marine X

OP
OP
endy0430

endy0430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How have you gotten the water level to reach the klir filter sensor , I’m having issues with this, can u help?
To be honest I have the skimmer working along side with the Klir and the Klir isn't doing much since the water level doesn't get that high. I know it works because I seen it work.

RDK63

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have the waterbox marine x.60.2 also. I just started thinking about getting the Klir DI-4 to replace my filter sock. I was out my sock every three days with a garden house and then let it dry. Drop a clean one in and then rotate it next 3rd day. I also put about 5 spoons of BRS carbon is a bag in the bottom of my sock. Change carbon every 6th day. Its not that bad but have considered the Klir DI-4 . First, are the sensors dependable. I do not want any overflow accident due to a sensor not rotating the felt and the water level raising up. Also the controller looks like my Coralife ATO unit. That Coralife push in connectors for the cables get bumping and will not start my ATO fill. Works great as long as i dont accidently touch any wires that might make it loose contact. Have you had any issues with the plug in connections on the controller and the sensor not working ? Either it not working or overflowing? Would you buy it again or stick with the socks that have never had a issue other than having to clean them so ofton. Thanks

OP
OP
endy0430

endy0430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i have the waterbox marine x.60.2 also. I just started thinking about getting the Klir DI-4 to replace my filter sock. I was out my sock every three days with a garden house and then let it dry. Drop a clean one in and then rotate it next 3rd day. I also put about 5 spoons of BRS carbon is a bag in the bottom of my sock. Change carbon every 6th day. Its not that bad but have considered the Klir DI-4 . First, are the sensors dependable. I do not want any overflow accident due to a sensor not rotating the felt and the water level raising up. Also the controller looks like my Coralife ATO unit. That Coralife push in connectors for the cables get bumping and will not start my ATO fill. Works great as long as i dont accidently touch any wires that might make it loose contact. Have you had any issues with the plug in connections on the controller and the sensor not working ? Either it not working or overflowing? Would you buy it again or stick with the socks that have never had a issue other than having to clean them so ofton. Thanks
Are you running a skimmer? If so the Klir wont do much. I have heavy skimmer. I'm selling mine if you are interested in giving it a try. LMK

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back