Watermelon Chalice Growth and Pics

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,857
Reaction score
122,446
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got this watermelon frag around the end of Sept. Notice the frag on the disc. This is not a frag plug but is the larger frag disk that are sold.

This pic was taken on Sept. 28th 2007 -

IMG_7744.jpg


Here is an up close taken the same night -

water.jpg
 
Last edited:
Now 3 months later here is the new growth...

watermelon2.jpg


watermelon.jpg
 
Now side by side -

IMG_7744.jpg


watermelon2.jpg
 
You can see at first there was only really one good defined eye. Now there is 4 with looks like a 5th starting.
 
Been keeping it in the bottom corner on the sand from day one. I was scared to death of burning it up. Since moving it to the new tank and the new lights it seems to be coloring up even better.

Thanks.
 
Well I have shot some food around it maybe 5-10 times since I have had it but I have really never seen it feed.
 
Looks great Rev! Just about ready to cut an eye and send it to me. :)


BTW... I'm not joking! ;)
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new