Wave makers

  • Thread starter Thread starter jas1971
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jas1971

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
28
Location
haverhill
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi guys so I’m looking for some advice for where to place wave makers in my new tank but also stuck on what types to purchase so all live rock will go at the back top to bottom leaving a gap for water movement between rock and glass and depending on what type I purchase would I need x1 each on the side of the tank in the centre with water flow against each other?
The dimensions of the tank is 1000mm wide x 760mm high & 700mm deep
Any ideas would be appreciated guys
 
IMO yes, 2 is always better than 1. You position them on opposite sides, aimed somewhat upwards to create surface agitation and towards each other so the flows bounce and create random flow patterns.
 
IMO yes, 2 is always better than 1. You position them on opposite sides, aimed somewhat upwards to create surface agitation and towards each other so the flows bounce and create random flow patterns.
Hi I also forgot to mention that I have x2 separate 25mm inlets at the top rear of the tank so wondering if I face them downwards and have the wave makers facing upwards but also making sure I get flow and the bottom of the tank for corals etc
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new