Wavemaker 6208 Placement in Tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OrangeGoblin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I have a tank with a 36x22 footprint (approx 70 gallons). I'd like to put the 6208 in the tank, but I am constrained by space. As you can see in the first picture, the only place I can put it is on the back wall between the central overflow box, and the return plumbing Loc-Line assembly. And the space between the eurobracing up top and the bottom of the overflow intake teeth is 1.5". So assuming the water level would come .5" over the bottom of the intake teeth, I'd have exactly 1" of space between the water level and eurobracing. Will the 6208 fit and create an effective wave in this setup?

1.jpg

2.jpg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it can be aimed down the length of the tank and there is room for a roughly 3/4" wave, it would work, corner or end overflows tend to reduce the wave height as you lose some of the energy when the wave spills over into the overflow box.

OP
OP
OrangeGoblin

OrangeGoblin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you. In this case it would not be aimed down the length of the tank, or would only be mounted to the center overflow wall pointed down on half of the tank. In those cases would it not work?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't work well, it is very hard to tune a wave without aiming it down the full length of the tank. It generally needs to be on one end.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back