wavemaker choice

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrtian97
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mrtian97

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2015
Messages
813
Reaction score
156
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
started 4x2x2 mixed reef setup, only have zoas and monti inherited from previous tank owner.
I like to get into Lps and some sps, right now I only have 1 Jebao wp40, I think I need more. I have carib sea fiji sand, looking for opinion which one to get:
Vortech mp40
Gyre
or other?

I will be using 2 Radions XR30, one regular and one pro

Thanks and happy holiday
 
Couple of Tunze 6095's or 6105's and the 7092 controller. Tunze products are very well known and their customer service is excellent as is EcoTech's. I have (2) 6095'5 in a 4x2x2 and they move a lot of water. Since I don't have LPS or SPS (leather and mushrooms only) I installed the 18v jumpers instead of the 24v jumper to cut back the power of the pumps.
 
I actually use 1 Tunze 6040 on one end of my 5' 100 gallon tank and 1 Tunze 6040 on the other end of the tank. I have them pointing straight up to create the wave. (took the cap off of each Tunze 6040)
You can see the 'wave' movement in this video (I may retune the wave to get a different type of wave action).



Allen
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new