Wavemaker placement

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i have a waterbox 90.3, so 3ft tank,

I have a mp40 and and jebao gyre style wavemaker,
The mp40 is hooked up to a battery back up so i keep it closer to the surface in the case of a power outage,
The jebao i have is on the opposite end of the tank, i currently have a single hammer and he seems really happy and extended where he is placed but im worried that the flow will be way to chaotic and direct for other corals that are closer to the jebao side,

The obvious solution will be to move the jebao closer to the surface and the mp40 down to the middle, but if i have a power outage, only the mp40 will turn on

Was thinking to put the jebao on the back wall but before messing around with it, id like to get some opinions

20230304_102736.jpg 20230304_102740.jpg 20230304_102745.jpg

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d put the gyre vertically along the back corner, opposite the MP40, blowing water across the back of the tank.

In this orientation, you could also mess with aiming the top gyre blade in a different direction than the bottom one to create a lot of random turbulence. Better for LPS than linear flow.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my reefer 350 i got a wavemaker on one side up high and a powerhead on the other side in back corner aimed out to middle. The middle is massive turbulence and outside edges more chill. Mount your flow lovin corals in middle and the less flow loving towards edges

OP
OP
P

Piece of reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my reefer 350 i got a wavemaker on one side up high and a powerhead on the other side in back corner aimed out to middle. The middle is massive turbulence and outside edges more chill. Mount your flow lovin corals in middle and the less flow loving towards edges
Thanks do you have some pics you can share so i have a better idea

I’d put the gyre vertically along the back corner, opposite the MP40, blowing water across the back of the tank.

In this orientation, you could also mess with aiming the top gyre blade in a different direction than the bottom one to create a lot of random turbulence. Better for LPS than linear flow.
Thanks ill give it a try !

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fulltankshot3-4-23.jpg

Got jebao wavemaker on one side and jebao powerhead dc opposite. Middle is pretty nutty and outsides are almost too chill

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back