180 mixed reef flow recommendations

Rafaelpadro24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and Happy Easter to everyone! I have a question and need some feedback or recommendations. Currently I have a 180 gallon Glasscages rimless tank it's is a mixed reeftank and I do have some questions about proper flow in my tank. The system has 2 weir in the back offset about 6 inches from each side glass, it has on each weir 1 1/2" drain and 1" return using a 3/4" Y locline the main pump is a Jebao dcp 20000. Also on each side if the aquarium I have an Vortech mp40. I also have onhand 2 large Jebao gyre pump that i can install at anytime. Any suggestions if I should ad a pump on the back glass pointing kinda down and forward.
Any suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

20240331_124824.jpg 20240331_124911(1).jpg 20240331_124853(1).jpg

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and Happy Easter to everyone! I have a question and need some feedback or recommendations. Currently I have a 180 gallon Glasscages rimless tank it's is a mixed reeftank and I do have some questions about proper flow in my tank. The system has 2 weir in the back offset about 6 inches from each side glass, it has on each weir 1 1/2" drain and 1" return using a 3/4" Y locline the main pump is a Jebao dcp 20000. Also on each side if the aquarium I have an Vortech mp40. I also have onhand 2 large Jebao gyre pump that i can install at anytime. Any suggestions if I should ad a pump on the back glass pointing kinda down and forward.
Any suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated.
My 180 is a planet aquariums with a single external overflow in the center rear. But I’m using 4 gyres. A xf350 on each end and 2 xf330s on rear glass. They are all set to random mode. I do have the rear gyres turned way down otherwise they blow all the sand away from the front. To help with this, I took Marco rocks flat shelf pieces and covered that area to help hold sand in place but it’s mostly still rock.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back