Wavemaker Selection Help

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
7,296
Reaction score
6,388
Location
PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a lot of searching and YouTube'ing, I just can't make a decision on which wavemaker I want to add to my 50g cube. I've narrowed it down to three choices:

1. 2x - Jebao RW-4
2. 1x - Vortech MP40
3. 1x - Maxspect XF130

I'd like alternating current and I'm confident I can get that from the RW-4 or MP40. I'm not convinced the XF130 is up to that task (yet!). I'm interested in taking up a small volume in the tank, reliability and power efficiency. Let's say price up to $400 isn't a problem. I control my system with a Reef Angel and I would like the ability to leverage that controller for the wavemaker. I like the price of the RW-4s, but I'm concerned about their reliability. Seems like they like to die after 60 days.

Thoughts?
 
No thoughts?
 
I have two rw15's. Been running for about a year now. Don't have any complaints. I wouldn't mind giving the mp's a try one of these days
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new