Waving hand anthelia control

Joined
Dec 10, 2017
Messages
1,435
Reaction score
2,547
Location
West Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I love the movement of anthelia BUUUUT…it grows like crazy. It got on my maxima clam and is interfering with its photosynthesis. Can I cut the stems or will it release toxins that might cause issues with the clam. I’ve also thought of injecting H2O2 or vinegar in the base of the anthelias to help control their spread. Any suggestions??
image.jpg
 
The most effective methods include physical removal by peeling or pulling the mat from the rock with tweezers or gauzes, spot-treating with concentrated kalkwasser paste or Joe's Juice, and restricting growth by placing it on an isolated "island" rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new