Waving the white flag - giving up.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I’m definitely there. I just bring them to my LFS to be given away to others.

Any corals that I have with pests/diseases go into QT. I have one coral QT for new arrivals that seem healthy, and one for sick corals.

What I was specifically referring to is corals that are browned out and/or growing slowly, like what the op is referring to.
Ok I get it, I ment not there yet like I've taken to my lfs they almost look at me like we will take them for free but don't try and get 5$ off your order look, no one local and they can't stay in the system any longer , almost the last option is tossing them away, like I said not enjoyable but sometimes necessary..

Seymo44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I get it, I ment not there yet like I've taken to my lfs they almost look at me like we will take them for free but don't try and get 5$ off your order look, no one local and they can't stay in the system any longer , almost the last option is tossing them away, like I said not enjoyable but sometimes necessary..

Luckily my LFS is pretty good about giving store credit, but even if they don’t they will take in anything and just put it in the $10 section or give it away. It kills me to trow anything away, even Xenia . I used to have reef bowls filled with Xenia

I saw you had some frags that’s you’re trying to give away. I wish you the best of luck finding a home for them. If I was local, I’d snag them up to stock my wife’s tank.

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest you spend $50-100, get yourself a microscope and confirm whether you have Dino’s or not and the type. If you have Ostreopsis it’s a pretty fast and easy fix. Then you can save yourself a lot of money……becuase you’ll probably just want to start a tank up again in a year

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back