wazzizup from the ATL

  • Thread starter Thread starter hamilton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hamilton

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
atlanta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
New to R2R, and enjoying lurking, so I figured it was time to make it official. Been reefing for a while now, moved out from Los Angeles so I had access to some pretty cool stuff.
Moved into a house with a basement and am taking full advantage! Construction is in progress. Display is a 375, (96*30*30*) with about 1000 gallons total water volume. I know..... I'm nuts. My wife thinks so too! Having a dedicated fish room with a sink and drain will be very convenient. Should be getting wet within 6-8 weeks, I have a stoopid crazy work schedule, 2 kids (4 and 2), and just stuff happening all the time. I need a vacation just thinking about it! More details to come :wink:
 
welcome to reef2reef! i'm tired after reading, 2 kids 4 and 2, just moved and setting up 1000 gal. system. thats great man welcome!
 
velkome!

if you haven't picked out the sink yet, i highly recommend stainless dog-bathing sinks!

the hose sprayer is awesome for pre-rinsing filter socks and makes general maintenance so much easier. i can disassemble and fit my entire beckett skimmer in the sink.

fishroomreverse.jpg
 
now THAT, is a sink!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all! Can't wait to get this beast running. Rit, I still have your Tunze, let me know when a good time is to drop it off.
 
Thought that was you. I'll take it as soon as I can find the part that hold the pump to the magnet. :)

now THAT, is a sink!!!
Thanks for the warm welcome y'all! Can't wait to get this beast running. Rit, I still have your Tunze, let me know when a good time is to drop it off.
 
hi
this is gonna be a reef tank, but I would like to incorporate some traditionally nice not-so-reef-safe fish! I think that with the volume and heavy feeding, I'll be able to have the best of both worlds. At least in theory. We'll see. Good to see so many reefers from Atlanta!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new