WB 25 Peninsula, zoa tank

AKABigBlack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all, i picked up the waterbox 25 peninsula for cheap on facebook and i'm starting to set it up. i have an AI 16HD for my light, and i plan on this being mainly a zoa tank with a pair of higher end clown fish. for the aquascape i'm using life rock that i'm busting apart and epoxying together. any feedback or ideas from anyone who has a similar setup is welcome!

1632160274196.png

1632160298055.png

1632160323480.png

OP
OP
A

AKABigBlack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pac-Man! What you have for equipment so far and rockscaping looks good!
so far i have:
wb 25 peninsula
ai 16hd
coralife protein skimmer, drop in type
eheim heater
sicce 251gph return pump

i'm on the fence about using marinepure bioballs in the overflow. i see so many posts for and against...

i am going to upgrade the heater to a titanium heater and controller, as well as grab a nero 3 for a power head. i'm going to rely on the return for flow during the cycle...

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the same tank and same light setup great little combo. Click on my build badge if you want to get some ideas I got about 8-9 different types of zoas all of there growth has really started to take off this past month.

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far i have:
wb 25 peninsula
ai 16hd
coralife protein skimmer, drop in type
eheim heater
sicce 251gph return pump

i'm on the fence about using marinepure bioballs in the overflow. i see so many posts for and against...

i am going to upgrade the heater to a titanium heater and controller, as well as grab a nero 3 for a power head. i'm going to rely on the return for flow during the cycle...
Definitely recommend the nero3 and BRS has a good titanium heater and controller kit.

OP
OP
A

AKABigBlack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here she is filled up and running. i'll be adding a few more rocks to the sides of the arch after i break up some larger ones that i have laying around. i have a few zoa frags in there now, starting the cycle.

1633107693477.png

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.4%
Back