WB cube 20 questions

LagunaGlide

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2017
Messages
731
Reaction score
385
Location
Columbus, OH
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to pick up a 20 cube from WB. Got most of the build planned except but had a few questions. I am curious what folks are using other than the WB stand and how it’s worked out. Pics would be good too. Also wondered if the chamber media basket is a better plan than using the filter socks. Thanks all.

please move if need be.
 
I just built my own using 3/4" plywood similar to the official stand. Other than the door not aligning perfectly, I pretty happy with it lol. I had access to the tools but not the skills but it's simple enough and a good way to save money.

As far as the basket, it all comes down to what you plan on using. I wanted to keep it simple so I just use the sock. I bought two more so I can change it out every 2-3 days.

Looking forward to your build!
 
I just built my own using 3/4" plywood similar to the official stand. Other than the door not aligning perfectly, I pretty happy with it lol. I had access to the tools but not the skills but it's simple enough and a good way to save money.

As far as the basket, it all comes down to what you plan on using. I wanted to keep it simple so I just use the sock. I bought two more so I can change it out every 2-3 days.

Looking forward to your build!

I tried to build a stand once. It wasn't great, but it held the tank up, so I dealt with it. The tank is on order, but will be a few weeks out, so I have some time to figure it out. My wife wants to buy something this time, as she was none too pleased with my efforts ;Joyful
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new